We hear this question a lot, and there are two answers. The first answer is that if you haven’t scheduled maintenance for your commercial heating in Delaware County in over 12 months, you should schedule maintenance as soon as possible. If you do schedule regular maintenance, and haven’t done so yet this year, fall is an ideal time to call for an appointment.
What Happens During a Regular Maintenance Appointment?
Here is a general overview of what happens during a commercial heating maintenance appointment with a Wm. Henderson Plumbing & Heating, Inc., technician:
- Inspect and tighten all electrical connections and terminals.
- Clean and adjust main gas burners.
- Clean and adjust ignition/pilot assembly.
- Thoroughly brush and vacuum clean the heat–exchanger(s) and combustion chambers.
- Visual inspection of heat–exchanger(s) & combustion chambers for cracks, rusting, or problem areas.
- Vacuum out blower compartment, return airdrop, and surrounding area. (No duct cleaning)
- Inspect the flue assembly and test flue gas drafting mechanism.
- Test and inspect all furnace safety controls.
- Test and adjust gas pressure.
- Replace or clean standard air filters.
- Clean blower motor, drive mechanism and fan assembly.
- Lubricate all fan motors and all moving parts.
- Adjust all dampers and set proper blower speed(s).
- Clean, level, test, and calibrate thermostat.
- Measure and record heating system output.
- Measure electrical voltage and amperage.
- Inspect and test all system transformers, relays, contactors, and controls.
- Perform a complete and thorough electronic carbon monoxide check.
- Advise you on other ways to reduce energy consumption, improve safety and enhance comfort.
Benefits of Heating Maintenance
Heating maintenance offers several benefits that are important for you and your business:
- Better energy efficiency – dirt and wear-and-tear can reduce the energy efficiency of your heating system. With annual maintenance, your system is cleaned and adjusted so that it runs optimally; a heating system that runs optimally uses less energy.
- Helps prevent repairs – during maintenance, your heating system is thoroughly inspected, and existing or developing problems are caught before they can blossom into large, costly ones. Additionally, small issues, like frayed wiring or worn components can be adjusted and replaced as needed.
- Safety – during an inspection, the technician will check for cracks in the heat exchanger, which can be a serious hazard.
The cooler temperatures of fall offer a window of time to conduct maintenance on your commercial heating in Delaware County.
No business owner wants to discover on a chilly fall day that the heat isn’t working, so get ahead of the cool weather and call Wm. Henderson Plumbing & Heating, Inc. today.
Comments are closed.