It’s never too late in the summer season to arrange for regular annual maintenance for your air conditioner. If you didn’t schedule regular maintenance in the spring or earlier in the summer, you can’t neglect it for a full year: the potential for repair problems and wasteful energy performance is too high. Call for air conditioning maintenance in Havertown, PA right away from a dependable HVAC company.
When you receive AC maintenance from Wm. Henderson Plumbing & Heating Inc., you’ll have NATE-certified technicians with experience and the best training available working to see that your cooling system works at peak proficiency. Contact us today and schedule your end of summer maintenance visit. (It’s also an ideal time to arrange for heating maintenance before the cold weather arrives.)
What happens during air conditioning maintenance
Although no two maintenance sessions will go exactly the same, depending on what the technician discovers, there are a few basic steps that you can expect:
- Thermostat check and calibration: Technicians often look over the thermostat first, to see if it is working correctly. They will recalibrate it if necessary.
- Check refrigerant level: The refrigerant inside an AC should remain at the same level (“charge”). If technicians see the charge has dropped, they will know to look for leaks. They will also recharge the refrigerant to its proper level.
- Check airflow: The technicians will measure the airflow from the vents to see if the air conditioner is producing the right level.
- Inspect and adjust electrical connections: The most common type of repairs that ACs need are for electrical problems. Technicians will look over the electrical components and do any necessary tightening to see that the system is running its best.
- Check motors: The motors should be dirt-free and have the proper level of lubrication so there’s no extra stress on them.
- Clean the coils: To make sure that the evaporator and condenser coils can properly absorb and release heat, technicians will remove both coils and clean them.
- Clean the outdoor unit: This will help prevent interference with the inside the condenser due to dust, dirt, and debris.
- Check and clean condensate pan: The technicians will remove the condensate pan and clean it, and look to see that the condensate drain is clear.
- Advice: Before leaving, the technician will give you any advice that will help you get the most from the air conditioner based on the maintenance session. You’ll know if you need any repairs and if the system still has a long lifespan ahead of it, as well as what you can do to receive the most efficient operation.
Wm. Henderson Plumbing & Heating Inc. has 37 years of experience with air conditioning maintenance in Havertown, PA. Call our staff today to arrange for that all-important maintenance session.
Comments are closed.